These sexual activities present a risk of HIV transmission because they lead to an exchange of body fluids that can transmit HIV. There are some documented reports of infection attributed to these activities.
- Receiving fellatio (mouth/penis) without a condom (when semen or pre-ejaculatory fluid is present)
- Performing cunnilingus (mouth/vulva) without protection (whether during menstruation or not)
- Vaginal penetration with a condom (risk exists for both partners)
- Anal penetration with a condom (risk exists for both partners)
- French kissing when blood is present