Other types of HIV transmission
Tattooing, piering, electrolysis and acupuncture
- Tattooing, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture using universal precautions NO RISK
- Tattooing, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture using shared unclean equipment NEGLIGIBLE RISK
- Tattooing, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture using equipment with blood HIGH RISK
Blood transfusion and organ transplants
In Canada, all donated blood, organs and semen are now screened for HIV antibodies. There is a very small potential for transmission. However, it cannot realistically be assigned a risk category under this model.
- Fighting NEGLIGIBLE RISK
Intentional exposure to blood
- Receiving blood from an HIV positive person LOW RISK
"Drinking, sucking, licking blood, vampire cults, fraternity/sorority blood rituals"
Sharing toothbrushes, razors, nail clippers, etc.
- Using one’s own toothbrush, etc. NO RISK
- Sharing toothbrushes, razors, etc. NEGLIGIBLE RISK